Cryopan I is a serum-free freezing medium for the cryoconservation of cells in a nitrogen storage tank or an ultra-low temperature freezer (< -150° C). It contains DMSO.
- Refrigerate freezing medium, culture medium and freezing tubes!
- Trypsinize cells, transfer the cells into the culture medium and centrifuge. Discard the supernatant and resuspend in culture medium
- Cell count should be adjusted to 1 - 5 x 106/ml. The cells should be carefully resuspended to avoid clustering
- Spin down and resuspend the cells in an appropriate volume of cool freezing medium by pipetting only once or twice. Distribute 1 ml cell suspension per freezing tube
- To achieve a defined freezing rate of about 1° C per minute, manual freezing devices or computer controlled freezing may be used
Ideal freezing rate: decrease of 1° C per minute
|Cryopan I||10 ml